Did you know that we always recommend that tenants have accidental damage cover for landlord’s building, contents, fixtures and fittings*

Tenants entering into a tenancy agreement are required to provide proof of contents insurance, which must include accidental cover for landlord’s buildings and contents.Landlords should also have suitable contents and building insurance.

If you are unable to provide this yourselves then this can be arranged through One Broker.


We recommend that all tenants consider taking cover for accidental damage to landlord’s fixtures and fittings. It is also advisable that you have insurance cover for your own contents.

Working with insurance brokers One Broker, a policy has been specifically designed to reflect the different requirements of tenants and in particular the insurance obligations of an assured shorthold tenancy agreement. For a competitive premium the cover automatically includes accidental damage to landlord’s buildings and contents as standard, which will help in protecting your damage deposit.

Please note that there is a £100 excess on each claim under the policy.

By purchasing through the link set out below you will receive your documents by email and we will receive confirmation that you have purchased insurance covering accidental damage to your landlord’s fixtures and fittings.

We receive a commission for all policies issued.

Landlords should also have suitable contents and building insurance.


Landlords are well advised to ensure that their property is adequately insured including cover for loss of rent in the event of the property becoming un-inhabitable as the result of an insured loss and limited contents cover for any fixtures and fittings at the property (eg carpets, curtains and cooker). Where landlords are unable to provide insurance then this can be arranged through One Broker.

Our brokers have designed policies specifically for landlords offering a range of insurance opportunities from comprehensive buildings and contents to rent guarantee.

We receive a commission for all policies issued.

The application form is easy to complete on-line in order for you to obtain your quote.