About The Property
- Prime trade counter unit on established trade counter estate
- Providing approximately 3,903 sq ft (362.6 sq m)
- National, as well as local, trade counter operators nearby
- Recently refurbished, including estate wide cladding refurbishment
- Situated on the most prominent trade counter estate in Bury St Edmunds
- Less than 1 mile from the nearest junction onto the A14 and within 2 miles of the Town Centre
The property is located on Greyfriars Road, Moreton Hall which is Bury St Edmunds premier business and out of town retail area situated on the eastern edge of the town less than 2 miles from the centre and adjacent to the A14.
Greyfriars Road is the most prominent and established trade counter estate in the town and is situated immediately opposite the St Edmundsbury Retail Park. Occupiers on Greyfriars Road include, Toolstation, Brewers Paints, Topps Tiles, Tile Giant, Plumbase & Plumb Centre. The wider Moreton Hall area includes many further out-of-town retailers, car showroom operators and national trade counters.
The nearest notable settlements to Bury St Edmunds are:
- Stowmarket - 13 miles east
- Thetford - 13 miles north
- Newmarket - 15 miles west
- Sudbury - 16 miles south
- Ipswich - 25 miles south east
- Cambridge - 29 miles west
- Norwich - 43 miles north east
- London - 83 miles south west
The nearest rail station is in Bury St Edmunds which provides frequent GreaterAnglia train services to Ipswich, Cambridge and London (via Cambridge).
Unit 10 Greyfriars Road comprise a modern detached warehouse / trade counter building of steel portal frame construction with brick and block walls to lower level and insulated profile cladding above and to the pitched roof which incorporates translucent panel inserts.
The unit has a front forecourt and parking for approximately 7 vehicles.
The building was recently refurbished which included new carpets throughout, new windows and doors, the offices have been fitted with LG7 LED lighting and a new water heating system. Externally the buildings cladding has been refurbished in accordance with the estate wide cladding refurbishment work. There is also plans for improved tenant signage to Easlea Road & Bedingfield Way.
The Gross Internal Area was measured in accordance with RICS Code of Measuring Practice (6th Edition):
- Ground Floor 3,510 sq ft 1 sq m
- Integral First Floor Office 393 sq ft 5 sq m
- Total 3,903 sq ft 6 sq m
£45,000 per annum exclusive plus VAT.
The unit is available on a new lease agreement on terms to be agreed.
C-72, a full copy of the report is available from the agents.
The Landlord retains the right to charge VAT on the rent and service charge.
A service charge will be levied to cover the cost of maintaining the communal areas of the estate. This will be based on a minimum annual contribution of 3% of the annual rent.
The building was included in the 2017 Ratings List under the description of “warehouse and premises” and has a rateable value of £35,000.
Each party to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in this transaction. The Tenant will be required to provide an undertaking to pay the Landlord’s abortive legal costs should they not proceed once solicitors are instructed.