About The Property
• Attractive, Grade II listed period building
• Providing high quality and unique office accommodation
• Providing up to 3,780 sq ft (351.12 sq m)
• Sympathetically renovated & refurbished in c.2007
• Ground & first floor offices
• Providing a mix of open plan & individual office areas
• Extensive period features throughout
• Excellent specification including comfort cooling & lift
• On-site car parking for seven cars
• Town centre location close to the bus station & car parks
• Letting of part may be considered
• Male, Female and Disabled WCs on both floors
The Malthouse is situated at Elsey’s Yard, a pedestrian cut through linking Risbygate Street with St Andrews car park and the bus station. The building sits prominently overlooking St Andrews public car park. Other occupiers nearby include the offices of NFU Mutual and Lacy Scott & Knight, national retailers such as Wilko and a number of local retailers and restaurants.
The Malthouse is Grade II listed period building dating from the 18th century comprising former maltings and grain stores which were comprehensively renovated and refurbished to provide high quality office accommodation. The premises comprise ground and first floor offices together with a café area capable of being incorporated for office purposes (s.t.p.) or remaining as is. The accommodation provides open plan and cellular offices with a wealth of period features.
The building provides the following internal areas in accordance with IPMS3.
Ground Floor Offices and ancillary - 147.33 sq m 1,586 sq ft
Cafe area and kitchen - 40.05 sq m 431 sq ft
First Floor Offices - 163.74 sq m 1,762 sq ft
£57,000 per annum plus VAT.
In the event the building is multi-let a service charge will be levied to cover the cost of maintaining, repairing, lighting & cleaning the external building, common areas, car park and landscaping.
The building is available as a whole on a new effectively full repairing and insuring lease.
A full copy of the report is available from the agents on request.
VAT is payable on the rent and any service charge.
The building is described as Offices and premises with a Rateable Value of £29,000.
Each party to be responsible for their own legal costs incurred in this transaction. The Tenant will be required to provide an undertaking to pay the Landlord’s abortive legal costs should they not proceed once solicitors are instructed.