About The Property
- Situated approximately one mile west of Bury St Edmunds town centre
- Adjacent to Glasswells World of Furniture - one of the largest ot of town retail units in East Anglia
- Nearby Occupiers include Glasswells, Aldi, Asda, The Range, B&M and Magnet
- Gross Internal Area from 2,690 sq. ft up to 10,305 sq. ft
- Potential for three units, to be let separately or as a whole
- 173 car parking spaces plus further staff parking to the rear of the units
The units form part of the Glasswells Retail Park, situated at the junction of Newmarket Road and Dettingen Way, Approximately one mile west of Bury St Edmunds Town Centre. Newmarket Road is one of the main arterial routes into Bury St Edmunds from its junction with the A14. Nearby Occupiers include Glasswells, Asda, Aldi, The Range, B&M, Vindis Skoda, Magnet, Desira Fiat and Kwik Fit.
Bury St Edmunds is a sub regional shopping destination with a population of over 40,000 (2011) and a catchment population of 1.4 million people within an hours drive. Over the last ten years major new shopping facilities have been implemented in Bury St Edmunds, both within and outside the town centre. Asda food store and the Arc shopping centre opened in 2009 which have had a positive impact on the shopping performance of Bury St Edmunds.
Glasswells currently occupy a large modern retail warehouse with ancillary warehouse and storage bays. It is proposed to convert these ancillary bays to form retail warehouse units with contiguous frontages alongside the entrance to the main store. The eaves height of 26 ft will allow for mezzanine sales or storage floor if required. The on-site communal car park provides a total of 173 car parking spaces plus further staff parking to the rear of the units.
Expressions of interest are being sought from the retailers for units that can be let individually or as a whole, to a specification to be agreed.
It is proposed to provide the following Gross Internal Floor Areas:
- Unit 1 - 4,625 sq. ft (430 sq. m)
- Unit 2 - 2,690 sq. ft (250 sq. m)
- Unit 3 - 2,990 sq. ft (278 sq. m)
- Total - 10,305 sq. ft (958 sq. m)
The majority of the available floor space is currently being used as a carpet store and ancillary areas associated with the main Glasswells use. Planning consent for A1 non-food retail will be applied for by the landlord in conjunction with a suitable applicant.