Careers at Hazells
We are an independent firm of chartered surveyors specialising in both commercial and residential lettings & management. We operate from one busy office in central Bury St Edmunds and pride ourselves on offering a highly professional service to our clients.
We have a long established portfolio of residential properties that we let and manage on behalf of our clients. A role has become available within this department which we are seeking to fill.
Residential Property Manager & Letting Adviser
We are seeking someone with experience working within the residential property management sector. We require an individual who can provide careful hands-on management including lettings, arranging repairs, dealing with tenant enquiries and confidently advising landlords on the management of their properties.
The successful applicant will need to be very well organised, conscientious and capable of dealing with a wide range of matters relating to lettings and management. Ideally they will have an outgoing, enthusiastic and professional personality who will be able to engage with clients, tenants and fellow members of staff. Spotting market opportunities and generally helping to drive future business is also an important part of the role.
Working as part of a team you will have a great deal of responsibility and must be able to work on your own as well as with others to a high professional standard.
The successful candidate should have attained a good standard of education and will ideally have experience within the property market. The firm is prepared to sponsor applicants seeking to acquire or improve on a property based qualification.
You must be extremely competent with the use of word processing, spreadsheets, emails and other software. We currently run dedicated management software called CFP and knowledge of this will be useful but not essential.
- Commencement – As soon as possible.
- Salary – Competitive based on experience.
- Driving – A full driving license and use of a car will be essential.
- Holiday – 20 paid days a year, increasing by one day per year of employment to a maximum of 25 days, plus bank holidays.
- Hours – Monday to Friday with minimum hours of 9.00 am to 5.00 pm, plus you may need to be available on occasional Saturdays.
- Pension – You will be enrolled into the company workplace pension scheme.
- Trial Period – Three month trial period during which either party may terminate the contract upon providing one weeks notice.
- Dress – Smart office
Please send your CV or relevant information to Jonathan Lloyd at our office address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you. If you have any queries you would like to discuss, then please do not hesitate to contact Jonathan. We will deal with all enquiries on a confidential basis.