Graduate / Trainee Surveyor Role
About Us: Hazells are a firm of Chartered Surveyors offering Commercial and Residential services to a wide range of clients throughout Suffolk, Norfolk and East Anglia based from our offices in Bury St Edmunds. Interested parties should explore our website for further background.The Role: We are seeking a full time Graduate/Trainee or recently qualified chartered surveyor to assist our busy Commercial Team, which currently comprises two chartered surveyors and support staff. The position is a General Practice role based in Bury St Edmunds and offers the opportunity to gain a wide range of knowledge and experience within the commercial property sector and for graduates an ideal environment to progress with their APC.We are a leading firm of commercial agents within Bury St Edmunds and have an extremely busy office. The role will encompass a variety of activities including; Commercial Agency, Property Management, Valuation and Landlord & Tenant matters together with general marketing and administration functions.The candidate will be working with a wide range of clients and across all commercial sectors including Offices, Industrial, Retail and Development Land. They will be expected to undertake work both on their own and to support other members of the team.The Candidate: We are seeking an enthusiastic, diligent and professional person to join our team.Â The right candidate will preferably be able to demonstrate/hold the following:
- A cognate Degree with upper class honours seeking to become or has recently qualified as a Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors
- Non-cognate Degrees may be considered for candidates who have enrolled in a RICS accredited conversion course
- Sound knowledge and understanding of the Landlord and Tenant Act 1954.
- Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
- Fully competent in the use of IT, social and technology based media
- Strong academic record of achievement
- Evidence of work experience within the property industry
- Full UK Drivers Licence
Consideration may be given to non-Graduate applications dependent on relevant property experience.Remuneration & Benefits: A competitive salary commensurate with education / experience. Full APC support will be provided to progress the candidate to qualification as soon as possible. Initial 20 days paid annual leave, increasing each year of employmentFurther Information/Applications: Interested parties should forward their CV together with a covering email to:firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.comOr contact Richard Pyatt or Jonathan Lloyd on 01284 702626 with any further queries.